The laws for Veterans Rugby are those as writ by
the International Rugby Board with the following concessions:
• You must be at least 35 years of age at time of kick off to play.
• There is no kicking outside the 22 metre line.
• There is no pushing in the scrums
• Over vigorous play will not be tolerated
• Games will be played over 3 X twenty minute halves.
• There is unlimited interchange.
• Tackling is not mandatory. We are there have fun.
• The final score will be 9-All
• The referees will enforce the laws to the best of their ability. No correspondence will be entered into regarding any decision taken.
If you're new to rugby, the IRB has produced a Beginner's Guide to Rugby (2.8MB download). The Guide provides useful information about the laws of the game, positions and how to play.
• Usual safety equipment is recommended.
• Jerseys , footballs, referees and First Aid officers are provided.
• The after match function is held at Olims Hotel Canberra, Cnr Ainslie & Limestone Aves, Braddon.